@import url("http://www.blogger.com/css/blog_controls.css"); @import url("http://www.blogger.com/dyn-css/authorization.css?blogID=8706105"); Hardik Shah - Trying to be with the Technology
Networks

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

SenderID - Does this sound familiar???


Shown above is a snapshot of junk email which I recently received in my MSN box. There was this message on the top of "From" about the sender not being verified by SenderID. Not knowing what this was all about, I was curious to get more information about this new Technology.

Bang I went, right to Microsoft's Home page and a simple search led me to the results. So what is this SenderID?

The Sender ID Framework is an e-mail authentication technology protocol
that helps address the problem of spoofing and phishing by verifying the domain
name from which e-mail is sent. Sender ID validates the origin of e-mail by
verifying the IP address of the sender against the purported owner of the
sending domain.


Thats what Microsoft's official page on SenderID had to say. Just wondering if this will save me from all the junk, crap and spam email that have been hovering around my inbox for a long time now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharath MS said...

Seems like Microsoft has nailed it, almost. I havent recieved a single spam mail for almost a month till date. Hope it stays this way..

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web hardiks.blogspot.com